Wednesday, October 24, 2012

November is coming!

I hadn't given a lot of thought to whether I'd pursue my fourth NaNoWriMo victory this year until a few weeks ago when a friend of mine brought up his plans. It's been a strange year of writing and not writing and writing and not writing and wondering if I even want novel-ing to be a part of my life anymore.

I've given it a lot of thought since that first conversation and I have decided now, finally, that yes I am in fact going to participate in NaNoWriMo this year. I have a couple of vague story ideas that have been percolating in my brain for quite a while. I don't know if I'll use one of them or not but I will definitely be writing something.

I haven't been writing much in the past few months. I turned my focus to tweeting about music and taking care of other things. Usually when I break from writing it is on accident (i.e. out of laziness) and I spend most of my time feeling guilty about it. It feels strange to have taken such a purposeful break and now to be preparing to return. But I'm glad about it.

I'm also going to try to blog about my experience or at the very least, post updates on my progress and maybe excerpts, if you're lucky. In terms of lessening distractions, I'm not canceling my internet this year but I am going to deactivate my Facebook and Netflix accounts for the duration of November. That should help.

One week! Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment